· Support the investigation and analysis of user requirements and processes, assisting in the identification of the most appropriate system design solutions.
· Produce design specification and program code; delivered to a high standard and thoroughly tested.
· Assist in testing and training as appropriate.
· Provide production systems support, investigating and diagnosing incidents and applying effective and timely solutions.
· Build and maintain strong relationships with key business users and other business functions within the group.
· Provide estimates into sizing and planning of development tasks in conjunction with team members and management.
Your skills and experience:
· Experience developing applications using the .net framework using VB (ideally C# too), preferably using version 3.5 and onwards of the framework
· Experience of using SQL Server (2005, 2008 and 2012)
· Experience of n tier web development
· Proven experience in all aspects of the software Development Lifecycle
· Experience writing and reviewing technical documentation. (An understanding of UML will be beneficial).
· Ideally some experience within the financial sector.
· Experience in the use of the Microsoft suite of products.