Key Points as at the end of September 2018:
- The number of registered unemployed decreased by 7 compared with September 2017.
- 128 persons signed onto and 133 persons left the register over the month. The net movement was an decrease of 5 persons on the register between September 2018 and August 2018.
- The unemployment rate for September is 0.8%, remaining the same as the previous month August 2018. The unemployment rate is the proportion of economically active population registered unemployed.
- During the month 843 job vacancies were notified to the Job Centre. At the end of the month, 513 remained. 71% (362) were full time positions and 29% (151) were part time.
- It is estimated that 776 individuals are unemployed and looking for work in September 2018, compared with 781 in August 2018. This amounts to an unemployment rate of 1.8%. See Methodology section for further details.
- The registered unemployed figure for this month is the lowest August figure since 2002.
|Registered Unemployed||Males||Females||Total||Rate %|
|Current (Sept 2018)||226||105||331||0.8%|
|-1 month (August 2018)||224||112||336||0.8%|
|-1 year (Sept 2017)||225||113||338||0.9%|