Key Points as at the end of January 2019:
- The number of registered unemployed increased by 19 compared with January 2018.
- 163 persons signed onto and 149 persons left the register over the month. The net movement was an increase of 14 persons on the register between December 2018 and January 2019.
- The unemployment rate for January is 0.9%, increasing by 0.1% from December 2018. The unemployment rate is the proportion of economically active population registered unemployed.
- During the month, 910 job vacancies were notified to the Job Centre. At the end of the month, 644 remained. 75% (480) were full time positions and 25% (164) were part time.
- ILO estimate: It is estimated that 813 individuals are unemployed and looking for work in January 2019, compared with 799 in December 2019. This amounts to an unemployment rate of 1.9%
|Registered Unemployed||Males||Females||Total||Rate %|
|Current (Jan 2019)||267||101||368||0.9%|
|-1 month (Dec 2018)||249||105||354||0.8%|
|-1 year (Jan 2018)||251||110||361||0.8%|