Key Points as at the end of May 2019:
- The number of registered unemployed decreased by 25 compared with May 2018.
- 86 persons signed onto and 95 persons left the register over the month. The net movement was a decrease of 9 persons on the register between May 2019 and April 2019.
- The unemployment rate for May is 0.7% remaining the same as the previous month April 2019. The unemployment rate is the proportion of economically active population registered unemployed.
- During the month, 881 job vacancies were notified to the Job Centre. At the end of the month, 575 remained 62% (356) were full time positions and 38% (219) were part time.
- ILO estimate: It is estimated that 750 individuals are unemployed and looking for work in May 2019, compared with 759 in April 2019. This amounts to an unemployment rate of 1.8%. See Methodology section for further details.
|Registered Unemployed||Males||Females||Total||Rate %|
|Current (May 2019)||218||87||305||0.7%|
|-1 month (April 2019)||227||87||314||0.7%|
|-1 year (May 2019)||238||92||330||0.8%|