Key Points as at the end of June 2019:
- The number of registered unemployed decreased by 11 compared with June 2018.
- 98 persons signed onto and 101 persons left the register over the month. The net movement was a decrease of 3 persons on the register between June 2019 and May 2019.
- The unemployment rate for June is 0.7% remaining the same as the previous month May 2019. The unemployment rate is the proportion of economically active population registered unemployed.
- During the month, 687 job vacancies were notified to the Job Centre. At the end of the month, 618 remained 54% (336) were full time positions and 46% (282) were part time.
- ILO estimate: It is estimated that 747 individuals are unemployed and looking for work in June 2019, compared with 750 in May 2019. This amounts to an unemployment rate of 1.7%. See Methodology section for further details.
|Registered Unemployed||Males||Females||Total||Rate %|
|Current (June 2019)||209||93||302||0.7%|
|-1 month (May 2019)||218||87||305||0.7%|
|-1 year (June 2019)||225||88||313||0.7%|