Key Points as at the end of July 2019:
- The number of registered unemployed increased by 13 compared with July 2018.
- 147 persons signed onto and 151 persons left the register over the month. The net movement was an increase of 32 persons on the register between July 2019 and June 2019.
- The unemployment rate for July 2019 is 0.8%, which is an increase of 0.1% on the previous month June 2019. The unemployment rate is the proportion of economically active population registered unemployed.
- During the month, 835 job vacancies were notified to the Job Centre. At the end of the month, 668 remained. 56% (384) were full time positions and 44% (304) were part time.
- ILO estimate: It is estimated that 779 individuals are unemployed and looking for work in July 2019, compared with 747 in June 2019. This amounts to an unemployment rate of 1.8%. See Methodology section for further details.
|Registered Unemployed||Males||Females||Total||Rate %|
|Current (July 2019)||231||103||334||0.8%|
|-1 month (June 2019)||209||93||302||0.7%|
|-1 year (July 2018)||226||95||321||0.87%|