Key Points as at the end of August 2019:
- The number of registered unemployed increased by 1 compared with August 2018.
- 97 persons signed onto and 94 persons left the register over the month. The net movement was an increase of 3 persons on the register between August 2019 and July 2019.
- The unemployment rate for August 2019 is 0.8%, remaining the same as the previous month July 2019. The unemployment rate is the proportion of economically active population registered unemployed.
- During the month, 778 job vacancies were notified to the Job Centre. At the end of the month, 530 remained. 48% (257) were full time positions and 52% (273) were part time.
- ILO estimate: It is estimated that 782 individuals are unemployed and looking for work in August 2019, compared with 779 in July 2019. This amounts to an unemployment rate of 1.8%. See Methodology section for further details.
|Registered Unemployed||Males||Females||Total||Rate %|
|Current (August 2019)||228||109||337||0.8%|
|-1 month (July 2019)||231||103||334||0.8%|
|-1 year (August 2018)||224||112||336||0.8%|