Key Points as at the end of September 2019:
- The number of registered unemployed decreased by 11 compared with September 2018.
- 114 persons signed onto and 131 persons left the register over the month. The net movement was a decrease of 17 persons on the register between September 2019 and August 2019.
- The unemployment rate for September 2019 is 0.7%, this is a decrease of 0.1% on the previous month August 2019. The unemployment rate is the proportion of economically active population registered unemployed.
- During the month, 783 job vacancies were notified to the Job Centre. At the end of the month, 623 remained. 55% (344) were full time positions and 45% (279) were part time.
- ILO estimate: It is estimated that 765 individuals are unemployed and looking for work in September 2019, compared with 782 in August 2019. This amounts to an unemployment rate of 1.8%. See Methodology section for further details.
|Registered Unemployed||Males||Females||Total||Rate %|
|Current (Sept 2019)||108||212||320||0.7%|
|-1 month (Aug 2019)||228||109||337||0.8%|
|-1 year (Sept 2018)||105||226||331||0.8%|