Key Points as at the end of October 2019:
- The number of registered unemployed increased by 7 compared with October 2018.
- 124 persons signed onto and 112 persons left the register over the month. The net movement was an increase of 12 persons on the register between October 2019 and September 2019.
- The unemployment rate for October 2019 is 0.8%; this is an increase of 0.1% on the previous month September 2019. The unemployment rate is the proportion of economically active population registered unemployed.
- During the month, 790 job vacancies were notified to the Job Centre. At the end of the month, 664 remained. 57% (377) were full time positions and 43% (287) were part time.
- ILO estimate: It is estimated that 777 individuals are unemployed and looking for work in October 2019, compared with 765 in September 2019. This amounts to an unemployment rate of 1.8%. See Methodology section for further details.
|Registered Unemployed||Males||Females||Total||Rate %|
|Current (Oct 2019)||221||111||332||0.8%|
|-1 month (Sept 2019)||108||212||320||0.7%|
|-1 year (Oct 2018)||218||107||325||0.8%|