Key Points as at the end of November 2019:
- The number of registered unemployed increased by 7 compared with November 2018.
- 105 persons signed onto and 100 persons left the register over the month. The net movement was an increase of 5 persons on the register between November 2019 and October 2019.
- The unemployment rate for November 2019 is 0.8%; remaining the same as the previous month October 2019. The unemployment rate is the proportion of economically active population registered unemployed.
- During the month, 635 job vacancies were notified to the Job Centre. At the end of the month, 549 remained. 57% (314) were full time positions and 43% (235) were part time.
- ILO estimate: It is estimated that 782 individuals are unemployed and looking for work in November 2019, compared with 777 in October 2019. This amounts to an unemployment rate of 1.8%. See Methodology section for further details.
|Registered Unemployed||Males||Females||Total||Rate %|
|Current (Nov 2019)||229||108||337||0.8%|
|-1 month (Oct 2019)||221||111||332||0.8%|
|-1 year (Nov 2018)||107||223||330||0.8%|