- 636 persons were registered as unemployed at the end of June 2016.
- This is a decrease of 27 persons from the previous month (May 2016).
- However, when compared to the same time last year (June 2015) it is a decrease of 132 persons.
- It is the lowest recorded number of unemployed persons since October 2008.
- 177 persons signed onto the unemployment register during the month; whilst 204 left the register.
- 66% of the unemployed are male (453) and 34% are female (216).
- The unemployment rate is 1.4%. This is a decrease of 0.1% from the previous month. The unemployment rate is the proportion of the economically active population registered as unemployed.
- 714 vacancies were notified to the Job Centre during the month. Of these, 293 required no experience and 424 required no qualifications. 247 required both no qualifications or experience.
- At the end of June, 467 positions were still vacant at the Job Centre; of these 76% were full-time (356) and 24% part-time (111).
To stay up to date with our latest vacancies like our Facebook page.