Key Points as at the end of February 2018:
- The number of registered unemployed decreased by 201 compared with February 2017.
- 129 persons signed onto and 117 persons left the register over the month. The net movement was an increase of 12 persons on the register between January 2018 and February 2018.
- The unemployment rate for February is 0.9%, this is an increase of 0.1% from the previous month January 2018. The unemployment rate is the proportion of economically active population registered unemployed.
- During the month 807job vacancies were notified to the Job Centre. At the end of the month, 640 remained. 66% (425) were full time positions and 34% (215) were part time.
- It is estimated that 818 individuals and looking for work in February 2018, compared with 806 in January 2018. This amounts to an unemployment rate of 1.9%. See Methodology section for further details.
- The registered unemployed figure for this month is the lowest February figure since 2003.
|Registered Unemployed||Males||Females||Total||Rate %|
|Current (February 2018)||265||108||373||0.9%|
|-1 month (January 2018)||251||110||361||0.8%|
|-1 year (February 2017)||396||178||574||1.3%|