Established for almost thirty years and the largest of its kind, Hamblin is the Isle of Man's premier recruitment, training and HR consultancy providing a full range of employment, training and HR solutions to the Island’s private and public sectors.
Retained by many of the top employers Hamblin employs a large team of qualified, well trained and highly experienced professionals dedicated to assisting employers and candidates alike to meet their respective needs.
There are numerous advantages of using Hamblin Employment Group of which can be seen from two different points of view; firstly from the perspective of businesses and secondly from the perspective of a jobseeker. Hamblin has the resources and experise to fulfil the needs of both these parties.
We provide Executive Search and Selection and Interim Management services as well as Permanent and Temporary vacancies through our three employment divisions. Our website contains up to date jobs and employment oppotunities within Finance, Commercial and Public sector organisations.
- Act as a mentor to colleagues by anticipating and providing timely and effective communication to ensure financial crime and privacy risk is understood and appropriately applied in the drafting of service level schedules and operational procedures
- Define, lead and, where necessary, deliver financial crime and privacy risk assurance programme(s) / investigations as required by legislation, regulation, policy or material incidents ensuring that such activity compliments any 1st or 3rd line / external assurance activity
- Act as a member of Risk & Regulation Function management team in support of the Head of Risk & Regulation and provides thought leadership and drive to set and deliver the vision and plans for the function
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Head of Wealth Financial Crime and other colleagues in industry
- Provide technical and legal based guidance and support to Senior Management
- Produce reports, including Board and Audit Committee report, Risk Assessments and MI relating to management and governance of financial crime and privacy risks
- Define, deliver and oversee the application of strategy, policy and standards for financial crime prevention & privacy whilst enabling the delivery of business plans and ensure alignment with the standards set by Wealth
- Manage complex and sensitive discussions in order to proactively deliver change activities which meet business and regulatory requirements
- Take a lead role in driving risk related change across the business and provide commercial and value adding facilitation and advice
- Review exposure to Financial Crime and privacy risk and work with management to ensure that Financial Crime and privacy risk is being identified, monitored and managed by 1st line to an appropriate appetite
- Define relevant data and internal / external reporting requirements to meet regulatory or legislative requirements to enable the effective monitoring, management and reporting of Financial Crime and privacy risk and activity
- Proactively contribute to all required R&R function reporting requirements; covering delivery of advisory services, regulatory developments, adherence and risks/issues to all required executive management groups, regulated entity boards, and governance boards, including audit and risk committees as required
Skills / experience required:
- Graduate with numerate or business related degree
- Extensive knowledge of risk and governance processes relevant to the financial services industry
- Experience of delivering risk management and technical advice relating to regulatory and legal matters in a regulated / multi-jurisdictional financial services organization
- Extensive knowledge of risk and governance processes
- Detailed knowledge of financial products, industry practice and relevant financial crime and data protection legislation
- Experience of delivering risk management advice and assurance oversight relating to financial crime and privacy in a regulated / multi-jurisdictional financial services organisation
- Experience of managing the implementation of relevant financial crime and data protection legislation
- Investigation of financial crime and data security breaches and incident management
- Able to effectively engage and exert influence with executive level stakeholders
Let us help you with your recruitment needs
Let us help you with your recruitment needs
The complete solution to your HR and training needs
To stay up to date with our latest vacancies like our Facebook page.